Saturday, May 17, 2008

The New Chapter.

I expected to be beat, bushed and wary. Instead everything became sort of boring, monotonous and likely to lull me to sleep. It was the dawning of the moment , a striking revelation, a Eureka moment - I concluded since x was y and i cudn't do anything to help x not being y, as y was inherently a part of x,
it became pretty clear - i needed an anti-yawn pill. (or someone to invent it fast!)
Well that was how my first job experience was a week ago.

I'm now into my third week and well pretty much yawning less and sitting higher up in my chair as my projects are finally being handed out to me. More interesting too id say. (I don't know how long this'll be valid tho, when the work starts to kick in ;))

But anyway , working has taught me to- number one take the MMTS on my own, be grateful for the MMTS (no matter how crowded and stifling), but detest traffic even more, cross the street bravely (altho in multitudes), undergo the intolerable attitude of the auto guys every evening, realize the dearth of autos in Hyd., earnestly wish i had a car of my own in the process, and walk a whole lot more too.
No matter how much i like or dislike my work at times, i run out of the office everyday overjoyed to be going back home. And i also see the swarms of people around me rushing to go back home everyday...

It makes me think about myself and the millions of people who live in the cities making a living - some making it big - others scraping to make ends meet. I wonder if its just that. And i think this is just going to be one chapter I make of my life - just one brief chapter.

I still feel there is something else more...

3 comments:

Nandini Vishwanath said...

You are working??!? Tell me where/what/how?

Benny Sumer Yanthan said...

Hewasa! I found you!
Blogrolling you!

scribbler said...

;) . and me you