Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Sundowner" in Goa

Figured it's about time to write again :P

We came back this morning at 5 am. I'm still drugged and beach minded. But lemme recapitulate.

This time it was for 5 whole days!Come March end and it was time to head down there again. Palolem was the central destination although we decided to explore a bit more this time. And so we did. Agonda's waves had us tumbling and rolling and falling and drinking some salty sea water too. The waves were too strong and end result...I felt like i had just tumbled out of a washing machine. I really enjoyed the bike ride there and back tho [after the embarrassing attempt to ride one on my own :(] Agonda Beach is beautiful of course, less populated and peaceful, though somehow I guess I had already adopted a fierce loyalty to Palolem already. So back we went to our safe haven. Food is another thing I like about Goa. I've always loved seafood - but I realized there's more than just that - Cafe Inn was true to its word- best damn Irish coffee I have had! And the welcome AC there :P! Little Italy served us the yummiest pizza and pasta too! Breakfast was always so exciting for me with the sausages, ham, cream cheese buns, baked beans, mushrooms and tomatoes, eggs and pancakes. I dont know why my friends never felt hungry more often, coz I always seemed to be the one constant 'bhuk lagi ase' hollerer out there.

Come evening, we would always rush to take a dip in the waters (at least two of us) and be the last ones to come out (wrinkled fingers and wrinkled toes), and also feeling increasingly fit and healthy by the day. Yeah, it's in the mind too.. coz two days past, I could already feel the healthy n fit vibes :D.

So this time round - new things I did (that I can remember):

Went canoe-ing (Awesome!) - jumped in the near-middle- bottomless-end of the waters and swam some - with life jackets there of course, tried my hand at riding a scooty (failed miserably tho) and decided sitting behind the rider was more of my kinda thing, read the 2nd and 3rd series of Twilight (books have been out of my scene since I don't know when and so never had I been so engrossed!), watched a movie that was being screened on the beach - felt like one of those drive-in kinds I had always wanted to try out and here's the part I loved most - on the last night- visited 'Sundowner'... which was the scene of swooning to the sunset (ack.words and pictures never suffice and simply reading it is just paltry in comparison), great music to boot, free spirited people everywhere and some good partying too. You have to reach that place preferably in a boat and back. So yeah I think we saved the best for last this time.

It's always just like magic. Or better :)

No comments: